It was resolved that Council:
1. Endorse the Nowra Riverfront Leisure and Entertainment Precinct Strategic Direction: Review & Analysis and Proposed Planning Controls Reports as exhibited and with the following changes to the Proposed Planning Controls Report:
a. Amend the Indicative Future Road Local / Alignment on the key development parameters mapping including the closure of Pleasant Way as per Variation B of the report and illustrate an additional road connection off Hawthorn Avenue to Princes Highway.
b. Include further justification for the change in Land Use Zone and Height of Building in Scenic Drive, Wharf Road, Bridge Road and Pleasant Way and Graham Lodge sub-precincts in accordance with Section 9.1 Ministerial Direction 1.1 Business and Industrial Zones and 3.1 Residential Zones.
c. Amend the Bridge Road and Scenic Drive sub-precincts to include additional text which notes that the future development of these sub-precincts will be subject to additional investigation once the detail design of the Nowra Bridge project is complete.
d. Amend Figure 43 and supporting text to categorise Bridge Road sub-precinct as Level 3 high level of uncertainty around the impact to development outcomes as a result of the acquisition associated with the Nowra Bridge project.
2. Prepare a Planning Proposal for Mandalay Avenue sub-precinct to amend the Land Use Zones, Height of Buildings and Floor Space Ratio as per the exhibited Proposed Planning Controls Report and submit to Department of Planning & Environment for Gateway determination.
3. Prepare a Planning Proposal for the remaining sub-precincts as per the Staging Plan (except for Bridge Road and Scenic Drive sub-precincts) as per the exhibited Proposed Planning Controls Report and with the following additional considerations:
a. Reflect the latest Concept Design for the Nowra Bridge Project.
b. Consider reduction in Height of Building and Floor Space Ratio to address flooding impacts.
c. Consider B4 Mixed Use as an alternative zone for the Wharf Road precinct, and Additional Permitted Uses to enable the activation of the riverfront.
d. Prior to submitting to NSW Department of Planning & Environment for Gateway determination, report the matter to Council.
4. Prepare a Development Control Plan Chapter to be inserted into Shoalhaven Development Control Plan 2014 for the Nowra Riverfront Precinct, which includes the controls in the exhibited Proposed Planning Controls Report as per the Staging Plan (except for Bridge Road and Scenic Drive), and:
a. In preparing the Draft Development Control Plan Chapter:
i. Review appropriateness and suitability of flood related controls.
ii. Revise the key development parameters of each sub-precinct to reflect the latest Concept Design for the Nowra Bridge Project.
5. Commence initial preparatory work to clarify the infrastructure required to support the future development of the precinct and inform a possible Contributions Plan Amendment for new road, drainage and open space infrastructure projects and consider a subsequent report on this aspect that details the funding required to advance the infrastructure design work and identifies a Council funding source.
6. Notify all submitters and public authorities of the resolution.