The outcome of Council Meeting – Hyams Beach – Seamans Beach Carpark – Illegal Camping and Noise Complaints
The Hyams Beach – Seamans Beach Carpark – Illegal Camping and Noise Complaints was reported to Council’s Strategy and Assets Meeting on 12 November 2019. It was resolved at this meeting that Council:
1. Provide kerb and gutter and a driveway at the entrance to the carpark as well as a path along the northern boundary of the carpark in accordance with the concept plan (D19/358695) at an estimated cost $90,000 to be funded from the Seamans Beach Amenities Extension budget (81557) for the 2019/2020 financial year.
2. Install a lockable gate at the entrance in accordance with the concept plan (D19/358695) at an estimated installation cost of $5,000 to be funded from the Seamans Beach Amenities Extension budget (81557) for the 2019/2020 financial year.
3. Trial locking the carpark during the 2019/20 Christmas school holiday period between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:00 am nightly.
4. Engage commercial security to lock the carpark at 9:30 pm and volunteers sought to unlock the gate at 6 am during the trial period (41 days), the cost of $4,510 to be funded from the Coastal Villages Traffic Management fund (28340) for the 2019/2020 financial year.
5. Consider a future report on the ongoing operation (locking) of the carpark and toilets following the trial period and further consultation with the community.
6. Not install additional disabled spaces due to non-compliant grades or accessible paths of travel currently existing in the carpark and given the demand for such access is considered to be low.
7. At this stage not install a CCTV system to monitor any illegal activity at the carpark.