Jetty Replacement and Kayak Facility – Yooralla Bay
Shoalhaven City Council received $615,000 from the Australian Government under the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program to fund proposed improvements to the Conjola Park foreshore at Yooralla Bay.
This grant funding is in addition to, and separate from, funds donated to the Conjola Community Recovery Association in the aftermath of the bushfires. The donated funds continue to be held in trust by Council on behalf of the Conjola community, and were the subject of a survey which closed recently. The full results of that survey are being assessed now and will be released shortly.
Preliminary results from the recently completed CCRA Donations Survey indicate there is strong support for the establishment of a pathway from the Yooralla Bay Boat Ramp, along the Hoylake Grove Foreshore, to Cottee Close. This was ranked 2nd out of the 9 projects presented in the survey.
The Jetty Replacement and Kayak Facility project will aid in establishing parts of that footpath, in line with feedback received from the Conjola Park community to date.
The Jetty Replacement and Kayak Facility project involves:
- Replacing the existing timber jetty south of the boat ramp on Valley Drive with a composite fibre (FRP) jetty, gangway and floating pontoon structure.
- Construct a 30m long, 2.4m wide FRP kayak launching facility at the southern end of the Hoylake Grove Reserve, serviceable for all tidal planes.
- Construct a 2m wide shared user path (SUP), connecting the two structures to the existing footpath on Hoylake Grove Reserve and to the boat ramp on Valley Drive.
- A pathway in this location received strong community support in the recently completed Hoylake Grove Reserve survey. Further details about the Hoylake Grove Reserve survey will be released soon.
- Provide an additional foreshore seat for the kayak launching facility.
The proposed works have been split into 2 stages:
Stage 1: All deliverables north of the existing footpath on the Hoylake Grove Reserve, including:
- the SUP north to the jetty and the boat ramp on Valley Drive
- the proposed jetty.
Stage 2: All deliverable south of the existing footpath on the Hoylake Grove Reserve, including:
- the SUP south to the kayak launching facility
- the proposed kayak launching facility
- the additional seat.
It is Council’s intention to deliver both stages of the works together early in the 2023/24 financial year, budget permitting.
Council would like to hear your opinion regarding this proposal. To assist us with this process, please complete the Online Survey on this web page by 5 pm Monday 15 May 2023.
If you require any additional information, please contact email@example.com.