Council to Determine Draft Master Plan
The following resolution was adopted at the Strategy & Assets Committee held Tuesday 23 January 2018.
- Adopt the Draft Bay & Basin Master Plan, with minor wording changes to the report as outlined in the submission table.
- During development of detailed design Council incorporate additional Learn to Swim/ Therapy Pool.
- Continue the licence with the Department of Education for the existing building at Sanctuary Point and staff liaise with the local community and user groups to determine its best use.
Following this resolution, a Rescission Motion (a motion to reverse a previous decision) was submitted for Council's consideration at the Ordinary Meeting on 30 January 2018.
The Rescission Motion was carried, meaning the previous resolution from 23 January 2018 no longer stands and a new Notice of Motion could be put to Council.
The new Notice of Motion was carried (supported) and resolved that Council:
- Defer consideration of the Draft Bay and Basin Hub Master Plan until Council receives a report from the General Manager on other staging options excluding the District Library.
- Prepare an application for a District Library at Sanctuary Point.
A Rescission Motion was received on this item and dealt with at the Ordinary Meeting of Council on 27 February 2018.
The Rescission Motion was carried meaning the previous resolution from 30 January was overturned, allowing for a new Notice of Motion to be put. The new resolution determined that Council:
- Adopt the Draft Bay and Basin Community Hub Master Plan
- During development of detailed design Council incorporate additional Learn to Swim/Therapy Pool
- Continue the licence with the Department of Education for the existing building at Sanctuary Point and staff liaise with local community and user groups to maintain the Sanctuary Point Library and develop it further in the current location or nearby should the department of Education require the land back.
A Rescission Motion has been received on this item and will be dealt with at Council's Ordinary Meeting on 27 March 2018.
Consultation has concluded