Council’s Strategy and Assets Committee Meeting on Tuesday 9 March 2021 considered a report on the Sanctuary Point District Library. The purpose of the report was to update Council on the project and seek Council’s endorsement to publicly exhibit the draft concept plan.
Council endorsed the recommendation, and added a part 5 relating to Francis Ryan Reserve Amenities. The recommendation read:
1. Accept the report for information.
2. Support the public exhibition of the Sanctuary Point District Library Concept Plan.
a. Where significant and adverse feedback is received, amend the design to address the issues raised as deemed necessary.
3. Receive a further report at the conclusion of the public exhibition period
4. Endorse progressing to Development Application lodgement as per MIN20.33.
The proposed approach for the next stage of the community consultation includes:
• Public exhibition period supported by an online survey and acceptance of submissions. This is proposed for a period of 28 days.
• Community drop-in day during the public exhibition period. This will be an opportunity for the community members to come and meet Council staff and members from the consultant team to discuss the preferred concept plan, ask questions, and provide their feedback.
Copies of the concept plan and fly-throughs will be available for viewing and comment during the consultation period. Dates of the upcoming consultation period will be available and notified via this page, once confirmed.