Pre-lodgement meeting for the new Sanctuary Point District Library
A pre-lodgement advice meeting was held to seek advice on the proposed District Library on the Francis Ryan site (Site B – see plan below). This meeting included discussions around:
- car parking
- building design and accessibility
- bushfire zoning
- building impact on neighbouring properties – especially residential
- bio-diversity assessment
- possible issues with bushfire zoning, bio-diversity impact and lack of adequate car parking
- ability to integrate the design of the building with some oval uses, with options for a mixed-use space.
This meeting also identified an alternative site, close to the Francis Ryan Site, on the corner of Kerry Street and Paradise Beach Road (Site A – see plan below).
This new potential site:
- Is in the same precinct but not considered due to the direction to only look at Council owned land.
- Is Council owned land currently in use as a car park and is 1,838m².
- Adjoins recently Council owner vacant parcel of land with the option to increase the site size to 2,438m²
- Does not require bio-diversity assessment or additional bushfire requirements.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link