At the Strategy and Assets meeting on 9 March 2021, Shoalhaven City Council resolved to progress to the public exhibition stage of the concept design of the Sanctuary Point District Library.
The concept plan was developed after preliminary community consultation last year, which included workshops held in December 2020 – the outcomes of this consultation is summarised in the Phase 1 Community Engagement Report.
The Council resolution (MIN21.126) was as follows:
1. Council accept the report for information.
2. Council support the public exhibition of the Sanctuary Point District Library Concept Plan.
a. Where significant and adverse feedback is received, amend the design to address the issues raised as deemed necessary.
3. Council receive a further report at the conclusion of the public exhibition period.
4. Council endorse progressing to Development Application lodgement as per MIN20.33.
5. The construction of a new amenities block at Frances Ryan Reserve continue to be in the forefront of Council’s plan.
The public exhibition will involve an exhibition period of 28-days, online survey, acceptance of submissions and a community drop-in session during the public exhibition period.
The community drop-in session will be an opportunity for the community members to come and meet Council staff and members from the consultant team to discuss the preferred concept plan, ask questions, and provide their feedback.
Further details of the public exhibition will be available shortly.