At the Strategy and Assets meeting on Tuesday 9 June, Council resolved the following:
RESOLVED (Clr White / Clr Proudfoot) MIN20.403
1. Accept the interim report for information and receive a further in relation to dog off-leash areas once all current dog off-leash trials have been completed.
2. Allocate a budget of $35,500 from savings within the Community Projects 2019/20 Budget for the installation of signage and fencing at West Street, Greenwell Point to formalise the dog off-leash area.
3. Support the provision of in-kind contributions from Council to the value of $29,850 to formalise the dog off leash area at Thurgate Oval in the form of letters of support, site survey, waiver of development fees, rubbish bins, landscaping materials and water supply reticulation to Bomaderry Community Inc in their endeavours to obtain grant and other funding for this project.
4. Investigate further upgrade of existing stairs at Victor Avenue, Narrawallee and provide costings in the final report.
5. Ensure that Council Rangers continue to patrol the Paradise Beach Sanctuary Point and South Narrawallee Beach areas on a regular basis to reinforce that dogs must be on a leash.
Council staff will now work towards establishing the signage and fencing at West Street, Greenwell Point to formalise the new dog off-leash area and continue to work with the Bomaderry Community Inc in relation to Thurgate Oval Dog Off-leash Area. The trial at Narrawallee Beach will continue to be monitored and report will be provided following the end of the trial.